Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) is national vegetable of Pakistan. A lot of people don’t like Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra), few people think they won’t like Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra). But the fact is bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) is a highly nutritious vegetable that contain vitamin B6, fiber, calcium, and folic acid, which helps to prevent many problems of digestive system and help to stabilize blood sugar. Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) is low in calories, a normal size serving of meal made by using bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) contains only 25 calories. so it can be easily added in meal of people who are on weight loosing diet.
Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) can be cooked in many form. it can be used in fried form dishes or can be cooked alone by adding tomato & onion flavor or spices in it. it can be cooked in meat as well.
Here is the Recipe for making Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) ki Sabzi:
Ingredients for Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) ki sabzi:
Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) (cut into 1/2 inches pieces) – 1/2 kg
Onions (sliced) – 1 large
Peeled Tomato (fine sliced) – 2 medium
Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1 tsp
Whole Red Chilies – 4-6 (cut into half)
Salt – according to taste
Oil- according to needs
Cooking Method for Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) ki sabzi:
- Heat up oil, in a cooking pan on a medium flame.
- Add sliced onion and salt in it. Fry till it become light golden brown.
- Add cumin seeds and whole red chilies. Mix them well.
- Add fine sliced tomatoes and Mix them well. cover the lid and leave on medium flame for 2-3 mins until tomatoes get tender.
- Now mix the mixture well turn the flame on low and spread the bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) into pan. Cover the lid again without mixing it for 5-7 mins on low flame.
- Now open lid and mix bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) well. Cover lid again and leave on very low flame for 3-5mins.
- Turn of the stove now. Simple and delicious bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) ki Sabzi is ready to eat. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Dish it out and serve it with roti/chapati and simple yogurt.
P.S: Don’t mix Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) in mixture without steaming for few mins.