Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) is national vegetable of Pakistan. A lot of people don’t like Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra), few people think they won’t like Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra). But the fact is bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) is a highly nutritious vegetable that contain vitamin B6, fiber, calcium, and folic acid, which helps to prevent many problems of digestive system and help to stabilize blood sugar. Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) is low in calories, a normal size serving of meal made by using bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) contains only 25 calories. so it can be easily added in meal of people who are on weight loosing diet.
Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) can be cooked in many form. it can be used in fried form dishes or can be cooked alone by adding tomato & onion flavor or spices in it. it can be cooked in meat as well.
Here is the Recipe of Masala Bhindi (Ladyfingers/okra):
Ingredients for making Masala Bhindi (Ladyfingers/okra):
Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) (cut into 1/2 inches pieces) – 1/2 kg
Onion (fine Chopped) – 1 large
Cumin seeds (Zeera) – 1 tsp
Red Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger & garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Mustard Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – according to taste
Oil- according to needs
Cooking Method for Masala Bhindi (Ladyfingers/okra):
- Make turmeric Paste from turmeric powder by adding water in it.
- Heat up oil, in a cooking pan on a low flame.
- Put onion and salt in pan. Fry it till light golden shade.
- Add cumin seed and Chili powder in it mix them.
- Add ginger & garlic Paste and Turmeric paste in it. Mix them.
- Add Mustard powder in it and mix it well.
- Now turn the flame on low and spread the bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) into pan. Cover the lid again without mixing it for 5-7 mins on low flame.
- Now open lid and mix bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) well. Cover lid again and leave on very low flame for 3-5mins.
- Turn of the stove now. Sour and tasty Masala bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) is ready to eat.
- Dish it out and serve it with roti/chapati and simple yogurt.
- Don’t mix Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) in mixture without steaming for few mins.
- Mango powder can be used in place of mustard powder.