Bhindi (Ladyfingers/okra) is national vegetable of Pakistan. A lot of people don’t like Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra). But the fact is bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) is a highly nutritious vegetable that contain vitamin B6, fiber, calcium, and folic acid, which helps to prevent many problems of digestive system and help to stabilize blood sugar. Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) is low in calories, a normal size serving of meal made by using bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) contains only 25 calories. so it can be easily added in meal of people who are on weight loosing diet.
Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) can be cooked in many form. it can be used in fried form dishes or can be cooked alone by adding tomato & onion flavor or spices in it. it can be cooked in meat as well.
Here is the recipe of Bhari hoe bhindi (Stuffed Ladyfingers/okra):
Ingredients for making Bhari hoe bhindi (stuffed Ladyfingers/okra):
Bhindi (ladyfingers/okra) ) – 1/2 kg
Roasted Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Roasted Cumin (Zeera) powder – 1 tbsp
Crushed Red Chilies -1 tbsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Carom seed (ajwain) – 1/2 tbsp
Nigella sativa (kalonji) – 1 tbsp
Fennel seeds (sonf) – 1 tbsp
Salt – according to taste
Lemon juice – 5-7 tbsp
Oil- 4 tbsp
Cooking Method for bhari hoe bhindi (Stuffed Ladyfingers/okra):
- Cut the stem of the ladyfingers and make a cut in between.
- Add all the spices(Roasted Coriander powder,Roasted Cumin powder, Crushed Red Chilies, Red chili powder, Carom seed, Nigella sativa, Fennel seeds) in a bowl and mix them well.
- Add lemon juice in it and make a hard paste.
- Now stuffed mixture into Bhindi (Ladyfingers/okra).
- Heat up oil in an frying pan.
- Put all the stuffed Bhindi (Ladyfingers/okra) into frying pan and mix them lightly. Turn flame on very low flame cover the frying pan and leave for 5-7 mins.
- Open lid mix them twice with a flat spoon. Covered it again for 5 mins.
- Now open lid and cook it on medium flame while stirring frequently for 3-5 mins.
- Turn of the stove now. Delicious bhari hoe bhindi (Stuffed Ladyfingers/okra) are ready to eat. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Dish it out and serve it with boiled rice or roti/chapati and raita.